Fire Rated ´SS´ and ´Z´ Pipe Collars
- Abesco Pipe Collars are designed to prevent the spread of fire from one compartment to another where plastic pipes penetrate separating walls and floors.
Abesco Pipe Collars consist of steel shell, which contains heat reactive intumescent material. The unit is supplied in two semi circular halves and is held closed around the pipe by a unique and easy to use closure device.
Abesco Pipe Collars have an aesthetically pleasing natural silver grey satin finish.
Available in Stainless Steel (SS series) and Galvanized Steel (Z series) in various sizes.
Why use Abesco Pipe Collars?
- Manufactured to ISO 9001:2000
- Corrosion resistant - suitable for use in aggressive environments
- Available in a range of sizes for standard and non-standard pipe diameters, with certification for different of plastic pipes including PVC, CPVC, ABS
- Very easy to install to a wide range of substrates
- Abesco graphite intumescent is unaffected by moisture
Where to use Abesco Pipe Collars?
Abesco Pipe Collars are suitable for use in any building with plastic pipes which penetrate through fire rated compartment floors and walls, including drywall.
Typical types of buildings where Abesco Pipe Collars are commonly used are :
Apartment buildings, hotels, dormitories, office buildings, hospitals, airports, multi-storey, retail centers, etc.
What happens in a Fire Situation?
When exposed to the heat of a fire, the intumescent material contained in Abesco SS series and Z series Pipe Collars expands and exerts a high pressure on the melting plastic pipe, causing the opening to be closed off and thus preventing the spread of fire from one compartment to another.